I’m writing to provide information about the GO! and Fritz Scholarships for study abroad. Please share this information with students and colleagues! If your program has a Facebook page, please also like us at http://www.facebook.com/
The GO! and Fritz Scholarships are open to UW undergraduates from all three campuses and offer awards of $2000 – $5000 to support study abroad.
- The applications are online at goglobal.uw.edu.
- To apply for the GO!, students must be residents of WA state and eligible for Pell Grants or Husky Promise.
- To apply for the Fritz, students must be declared social science or humanities majors with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
The deadline for applications for the GO! and Fritz is April 25th at 5pm.
- Students studying abroad during summer, early fall, or fall 2013 should apply now.
- Students studying abroad in winter or spring 2014 should apply at our next deadline in November.
We’re offering information sessions, drop-in advising, and individual appointments to answer student questions and provide application feedback.
- Info sessions are Friday, 3/29 from 12:30 – 1:30pm and Tuesday, April 16th from 3:30 – 4:30pm in MGH171.
- Drop-in hours are Mondays 10am – 12pm and Thursdays 3:30 – 5pm in MGH171.
- Students are welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions or set up an advising appointment.
We invite all students interested in study abroad (and advisers too!) to our next Study Abroad Meet & Greet on Tuesday, 4/16 from 4:30 – 5:30pm in MGH171.
- GO! and Fritz Scholars just back from their studies abroad will be there to talk about their experiences and answer questions.
- Delicious international snacks will be served!
Thanks for reading and for passing on this information. Attached are flyers for the GO! and Fritz Scholarships and the Study Abroad Meet & Greet. Please email me if you or your students have questions about these opportunities.
Have a great day!
Sara Stubbs, MSW
Global Opportunities Adviser
Center for Experiential Learning & Diversity